Anantapur Sports Village (ASV) was established in 2002 as a day-boarding and residential academy for ambitious children to aid in their holistic development, while striving to succeed at elite levels. ASV supports a total of 552 youth (197 girls and 355 boys) from U-12 to U-20 age groups. The selection of athletes from grassroots and regional sports centres is done through a structured talent ID program developed by RDT. Quality infrastructure has been developed by RDT to support the development of these selected children at ASV, which includes:
- 1 international standard cricket ground with natural grass supported by 2 practice grounds along with 7 practice nets.
- 1 full-sized, natural grass football field with an 8 lane 400m dirt running track.
- 5 clay tennis courts fitted with flood lights.
- 2 hockey fields.
- All fields fitted with club houses with dressing rooms, office spaces and storage facilities.
RDT with the help of its partners ensure all athletes in ASV are provided the following support:
- Professionally trained and experienced coaches.
- Full nutrition program, incorporating all three daily meals and additional diet catering to their training needs.
- Suitable dormitory accommodation for all male and female athletes.
- Education support by providing free of cost access to partner schools and colleges.
- Professional support and guidance is offered to athletes in applying for scholarships, government jobs and to national academies run by SAI as well as other federations or clubs.